- Case Study -
Inn At Biltmore.
The Biltmore Inn, located in Asheville, NC, is a historic luxury hotel that boasts a stunning exterior with intricate details and architecture. However, due to its size and height, traditional methods of cleaning the building's exterior have proven to be time-consuming and dangerous.
In this case study, we will explore how the use of a Lucid drone for exterior cleaning has not only improved the efficiency of the cleaning process but also provided a safer and more cost-effective solution.
The Inn at Biltmore Estates needed a way to efficiently clean its exterior, mainly the roof, which had not been cleaned in 20 years, without disturbing the landscaping, blocking any exits or entrances, or disturbing guests.
Due to its size and height, traditional methods of cleaning the building's exterior have proven to be time-consuming and dangerous.
"Using a Lucid Cleaning and Spraying Drone made an unbelievable difference! This job could not have been done without this drone. Even if we could have used a lift, we would never have gotten it done in the same amount of time."
- Repelling Down The Sides Is Not An Option–The architecture of the Inn made repelling down the sides impossible. The landscaping layout and the high elevation made using a lift more dangerous than it already is and would cause property damage.
- Scaffolding Is Not Ideal–Setting up scaffolding would disrupt the guest experience and block entrances and exits.
- The Roof is Not Easily Accessible–It is impossible to see the roof from the ground, so even if you used a high-powered nozzle, you would not be able to clean from the ground effectively.
Lucid Drone Technologies deployed it's cleaning drone to rapidly, effectively, and safely clean the Inn at Biltmore.
- Roof that hadn't been cleaned in 25 years came clean with one pass of the drone, no additional applications were needed aside from minor touch-ups.
- Minimal disruption to hotel guests: No large equipment needed to be wheeled in or temporarily affixed to a historic hotel
- The entire operation is completely touch-free vs. having to construct scaffolding or have giant cranes and other unsightly equipment onsite. Get in. Get out.
- A job that by hand would've taken weeks took 4 days.